28 de março de 2005

Ainda a propósito de Sarah Vaughan...

B000005H33.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Vale a pena ouvir este disco, gravado em 1961.

Aqui se encontram versões fabulosas de "Perdido", "Lover Man", "You Go To My Head", "You Turned the Tables on Me" ou "Teach Me Tonight".

Gostaríamos de chamar sobretudo a atenção do encantador dueto entre Sarah e Joe Williams em "If I Were a Bell" (tema composto por Frank Loesser, letra e música, e que entrou na banda sonora do filme 'Guys and Dolls', com Marlon Brando e Frank Sinatra):

Just ask me how do I feel
Ask me now that we're cosy and clinging
Well sir, all I can say, is if I were a bell I'd be ringing!

From the moment we kissed tonight
That's the way I've just gotta behave
Boy, if I were a lamp I'd light
Or If I were a banner I'd wave!

Ask me how do I feel, little me with my quiet upbringing
Well sir, all I can say is if I were a gate I'd be swinging!
And if I were a watch I'd start popping my springs!
Or if I were a bell I'd go ding dong, ding dong ding!

[Joe now all you goota do is] ask me how do I feel from this chemistry lesson I'm learning
Well sir, all I can say is if I were a bridge I'd be burning!
Yes, I knew my moral would crack
From the wonderful way that you looked!
Boy, if I were a duck I'd quack!
Or if I were a goose I'd be cooked!

Ask me how do I feel,
Ask me now that we're fondly caressing
[Joe] if I were a salad I know I'd be splashing my dressing
[Sassy] if I were a season
I'd surely be spring
Or if I were a bell
Or I I were a bell
If we were a bell we'd go
ding dong, ding dong ding!


Site Meter Powered by Blogger